Thursday, February 15, 2007

Oops, I Destoyed Cancer

From the article:

"'I made a calculation error and used a lot more than I should have. And my cells died,' Schaefer said. A colleague overheard her complaining. 'The co-author on my paper said, "Did I hear you say you killed some cancer?" I said "Oh," and took a closer look.' ... [They found that the compound killed] 'pretty much every epithelial tumor cell lines we have seen.'"


That'll teach her to safely destroy tumors.

In similar news, some other scientists kicked HIV in the nads by finding the one non-chameleonic weak spot, and then stabbing it with protien until it died. It's a good week for infectious diseases!

Speaking of infectious disease, Ted "Tubes" Stevens is back at it, trying to ban schools from looking at websites that have... content. He has introduced a bill to the legislature, but of course, we're not allowed to read it yet, because we've been banned from accessing it over the tubes. Go, DJ, go.
.

No comments: