Monday, January 08, 2007

SLEEP! Glorious Sleep..

Last night, Throkky said she would take the first shift with the baby, and lo and behold, I went to bed around 8:30. I skipped ice cream, I skipped hot chocolate, I didn't even have a belt of the old Irish... I just crawled into bed and passed out, and was not awoken for a solid 8 hours! That hasn't happened since the middle of December, and for the first time in several weeks, I'm not yawning at work! WOO!

Around 4:45, Throkky decided it was my turn, so I was woken up by basically being beaten with a baby. I figured that eight hours was even pushing my luck, so I had no troubles getting out of bed, and playing with her in the living room (which is post-Christmas SPOTLESS, thanks to Throkky!) She mostly crawled around, and tried to eat day-old Cheerios off the kitchen floor, shen she went ballistic, and passed out. I took that time to heat some meat pies, and clean the kitchen table off. Then she woke up, so we hung out for a bit and watched Superman Returns. Then she went ballistic, and fell asleep again, so I had a shower, while Sebby woke up and watched Superman Returns (though he got mad at the villain girl because she was supposed to be a hero girl... his words!)

Then I got dressed, informed Throkky of the situation, and went to work, with Sebby playing F-Zero X (I FINALLY beat the Joker Cup on Expert yesterday, so now we have ALL the cars, and ALL the tracks...) and Poppy snoring in her little cradle-chair.

I'm probably gonna get stabbed in the head today to make up for all the good vibes.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your rest.

Anonymous said...

You watched Superman Returns?! Can you get a refund on those lost hours of life?