Friday, December 08, 2006

"Luck"! Get it? Sounds almost exactly like "F..."

So last night, the dishwasher breaks on it's very second load ever. The grinding sound is deafening. I get under the dishwasher, and move the water hose (which is six feet long for some reason) which was trapped under the motor housing, and the power cable (which is five feet long) which was wrapped AROUND the water hose. Then I run the dishwasher. It's still grinding. Steph decides not to deal with reality for a little while, and goes to check her e-mail while I deal with tech support while holding a baby.

I call Future Shop, they transfer me. I call their service company, but they're closed. I leave a message.

Then inspiration hits, and I get back inside the dishwasher, take out the solids trap, empty it out, and get my fingers into the garburator / filter, and pull out the screw that got ripped out of the undercounter when the dishwasher tipped over the other night. I had found ONE of the screws, and the other apparently stayed inside the door lip, and fell into the dishwasher.

I fired up the dishwasher, there was some minor grinding, then it ran fine again.

Ran two loads last night, and feeling good about my life.

So, naturally, my car battery is dead dead dead this morning because a door was left open. I have to call my mother in law to give the car a jump so I can get in to work and only be 45 minutes late for a meeting that I promised to be at, and with no guarantee my car will start when I have to head home tonight before the office Christmas party.

Oh, and my knee popped out of place again when I pushed the car out of the carport, and then had to stop it from rolling into a snowbank.

I need whiskey...
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude...you SO suck. ;-Þ

Marblehead Johnson said...

Bite me, moth boy. :)

Anonymous said...

Can't we just get along and enjoy a little Black Adder together? No doubt Lady Whiteadder would approve. I have a lovely raw turnip right here...

Marblehead Johnson said...

Yayyy, you get obscure references! If you were a chick, and I was blind, I'd totally be macking on you right now...

Anonymous said...

With my long ash-blonde hair...I'm told I can be pretty hot from behind. If I ever manage to lose 40 pounds, I shall start to worry about guys sneaking up.

Obscure British comedy references? Hells yeah!

I'll have to go with the stupid McDonald's ads and ask "are you mac enough?"