Wednesday, December 22, 2004

So Even Famous People Can't Count...

... and neither can the press. Excerpted from IMDB:

"Singer and actress Barbra Streisand only agreed to star in sequel Meet The Fockers to confirm she can still act after a break of nearly two decades from the big screen. The 62-year-old hasn't starred in a movie since 1996's The Mirror Has Two Faces, so accepted the role of sex therapist Roz Focker in the comedy, which co-stars Robert De Niro and Ben Stiller, to see if she's lost her movie talents."

Now, let's count:

2004 minus
1996 equals
8 years.

Now, apparently IMDB believes that 8 years equals two decades. The confusion does not end there.

"[Barbara Streisand] explains, "I love Roz Focker, but it's not like I was dying to play her, you know what I mean? I wasn't passionate about it. It was an experiment. It's been some 20 years since I just acted.""

Now, let's count again:

2004 minus
1996 equals
8 years.

Barbara Streisand clearly believes that 8 years is also not only two decades, which MIGHT be forgivable given that TECHNICALLY after 2000 is a decade, and before 2000 is a decade, but she herself said it's been about twenty years since she's acted. Now, what are we to take from this?

Apparently, she believes that she did not appear in The Prince of Tides, or Nuts, or clearly The Mirror Has Two Faces. She may have been so drugged up during those years that she forgot, but she must at least have some sort of pay stub from those years.

Ah well, it isn't my problem. I can count. In fact, I can count every Barbara Streisand movie I haven't seen (all) and how many I won't see (all but one). You go, Babs. You go.

1 comment:

Kate said...

"It's been some 20 years since I just acted.""

Maybe she meant, 20 years since she attempted to act?

Or maybe she made clones? And this is her first movie she is actually going to be in?

Now that's a scary thought.

MULTIPLE Barbras.